This young man is officially sixteen years old, and passed his license exam on his first try first thing in the morning of his actual birthday! Happy Birthday, Owen!
He's already been to the grocery store for me this morning, took four of his sisters ice skating this afternoon (the graduated license laws limit the number of passengers under the age of 20 that a new driver can have for the first six months to a grand total of ONE, but it doesn't apply if they're your siblings!), and then picked up Chinese take out that I'd ordered for his birthday supper. I think my present for Owen's birthday is almost as good as his!
Ebby had a first today, too - baking! I realize that usually his big sisters get to do these sorts of things, but since they were all gone ice skating, Ebby got to stir for me!
We're so excited for Owen and his driving. He's been very responsible and attentive throughout the past year with his permit. We think that the many thousands of miles that he's put on with his bike have really sharpened his skills at being aware of his surroundings on the road and at anticipating the potential actions of other drivers.


Happy birthday, Owen!!! Freedom is awesome. :) Now that I've got a contactless credit card, I can send Gwen down to the fruit and veg grocer by herself if we run out of apples midweek. It's wonderful.
ReplyDelete